[CS-FSLUG] anyone know when?

listmail at rotundus.com listmail at rotundus.com
Thu May 20 12:34:41 CDT 2004

Quoting Josiah Ritchie <jritchie at bible.edu>:

> > Not sure how you feel about it, but "BitTorrent" has the ISO for
> > Mandrake 10 available now.
>
> BitTorrent is pretty cool. I haven't messed with it much, but it sure
> was the way to go when I needed Knoppix a few weeks ago. I couldn't get
> satisfactory speed anywhere else. I don't think it's bad as long as you
> are using it for legal results. :-)

I had a terrible experience bittorrenting Mandrake 10 - Official.  Plenty of
people willing to download from me, but in terms of download rate I was only
getting a few KB/s.  With the incredibly high upload/download ratio that I was
getting, I was beginning to think that Mandrake should be paying me rather than
vice-versa.

I ended up capping the upload rate at 20KB/s and leaving it running on a VNC
session... took maybe a week to get the thing downloaded

David