[CS-FSLUG] Copying laptop harddrive contents

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Mon May 17 00:29:13 CDT 2004

I'm not to good with my communication skills, I was just trying to say
thanks for replying.
I did manage to get scp working using ifconfig, I had to reboot the
laptop after all the work I had done, start the ssh deamon again and
then get the ip with ifconfig.

Now however there is a problem with copying the files, not all of them
will copy over because the connection breaks on the same file every
time, I finally removed the file but scp still stopped on the same file
despite it having been removed. The error message was fairly simple, as
I recall all it said on dad's laptop was that the connection was broken,
my computer told me nothing even with the -v switch.