[CS-FSLUG] help with Libranet boot problem

R. Thompson ron.t at sasktel.net
Sat May 15 02:52:22 CDT 2004

Hi Josiah,

	Finished up work at midnight and I'm just now heading to bed.

	I did as Jukka suggested and looked at the following files:
#/etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
/dev/hdb1  /              reiserfs defaults                   0      1
/dev/hda2  none           swap     sw                         0      0
/dev/hdb2  none           swap     sw                         0      0
proc       /proc          proc     defaults                   0      0
/dev/fd0   /floppy        auto     defaults,user,noauto       0      0
usbfs      /proc/bus/usb  usbfs    rw,devmode=0660,devgid=432 0      0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom      udf,iso9960  defaults,user,noauto,ro   0      0

the mtab file looks like this
/dev/hdb1 / reiserfs rw 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5, mode=620 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,devmode=0660,devgid=432 0 0

	It appears that there is no mention of hda1.  If it is a matter of
setting up booting using grub, I think I should have the procedure in
one of the books I have.

	Thanks for the help, I'll tackle this when I'm back at work, hopefully
not before Monday :-)

	Ron T.