[CS-FSLUG] help with Libranet boot problem

R. Thompson ron.t at sasktel.net
Fri May 14 00:37:02 CDT 2004

I've been relatively inactive, working too much again :-)  I got off
work at 11 pm tonight.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with a problem with
my Linux (Libranet 2.8.1) computer at work, no doubt this is a self
inflicted problem.

As the memory on the small HD was getting low, I installed a second
small HD.  I couldn't see or access it from Libranet.  So I did a second
Libranet install, formatting, partitioning, and using hdb1.  The
installation went well,it seemed.  But now when I start up it appears to
boot only from hdb1, and I cannot see, or mount hda1.  Nor can I access
the user profiles or files.

I had hoped that by doing a second installation of Libranet on hdb I'd
be able to boot from either hard drive.

Any suggestions as to how I can access hda or at least recover the
files?  I did not change partitions or reformat hda (to the best of my
knowledge, and if I had of I would think that it would show up as free
space).

	Thanks in advance,

		Ron T.
--
Ron G. Thompson, |^|
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
www.petomai.org   ron at petomai.org
"Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as doves to their window?" Is
60:8