[CS-FSLUG] html/css question - <table>

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Fri May 7 17:03:45 CDT 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 02:55:14PM -0400, Frank Bax wrote:
> cellpadding="4">
>
> I'm trying to learn css the hard way - by myself - with help from this site:
> 	http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/index.html
>
> cellpadding can now be controlled by row or by cell:
> 	  tr { padding: 4px; }
> 	  th { padding: 4px; }
> 	  td { padding: 4px; }
>
> A border around the entire table like border="1" can be done with table {
> border-width: 1pt }, but the css code does not affect spacing between
> rows/cells in table.  Also, I cannot seem to find css coding for the other
> properties in above "table" tag.  Can anyone help?

You actually don't need to touch <table>'s with CSS.  You can setup
Check out http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/learning (jump down to the "CSS
Online Resources").  You'll find tons of examples of how to do just
about anything you want with CSS.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7