[CS-FSLUG] Distribution list maker on Sourceforge

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Wed May 5 18:26:13 CDT 2004

I've got a little dilemma concerning how sourceforge works.

Yesterday I posted the job of maintaining the dilm web site on
Sourceforge and I got three volunteers, I had to turn one down right
away because he directly implied that he was seeking some kind of
monetary compensation for his work and I don't have the funds to hire
someone for the job. I was on the understanding that in sourceforge
people were volunteers that didn't make any money from their work, I
never expected to make any money from my work and I've never heard about
anyone in sourceforge making money off their work before except when
they received donations.

Is it normal for people in sourceforge to expect to be payed for their
work or do just a few people usually have that in mind?