[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Mice

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Mon May 3 23:37:17 CDT 2004

QOTW: What type of mouse/trackball/touch pad do you use to control the
cursor on your computer? What past mouse devices have you used? Did you
like them better?

For the most part, I use a Logitech MX700 wireless optical mouse. It's a
really nice mouse that has great battery life and very good precision. I
have it hooked up to my KVM, so I can use it to control my Mac as well
as my PC's. I also use an Apple Pro Mouse on my Ruby iMac.

I've used a lot of mice. I started off with a "Z-Nix" mouse that came in
a bundle with Windows 3.1. It was a simple little square, glossy mouse.
I think my next mouse was a brightly colored mouse that I was given (it
was a review unit from a company that a family member worked at). After
that, I had a three button el cheapo mouse (even cheaper than the
others). Then I switched to an Alps touch pad... that was back when
touch pads were new and so they were selling a stand alone one for
desktops.

From there, I went to a Microsoft IntelliMouse I received with a Dell
computer. Then, I bought an IntelliMouse Pro (from Big Lots for only
$9.99). After that I switched to the Logitech iFeel mouse (also from Big
Lots) -- I never installed the software to make it "feel," I just liked
its design (very comfortable). After that mouse -- which I still use for
various purposes -- I was given a "water mouse," a little mouse that had
water and little plastic fish swimming in it. That was amusing for a
summer, but I soon switched to the MX 700, which I am still using. I
also have a mouse that came with my Wacom tablet, but I rarely use it.

On occasion, I also use an Apple Mouse (which is clear and white and is
the current Apple mouse, not to be confused with the clear and black
Apple Pro Mouse that no longer available), but for the most part, it
just sits here.

The MX 700 is my favorite by far. Logitech makes great mice. :-)

How about you?
Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |