[CS-FSLUG] Prayer request

David Aikema david at aikema.net
Mon May 3 00:39:39 CDT 2004

Hi

I would appreciate it if you would pray for my sister.  To say the least,
she's had a really rough year*, and just this morning she was hauled off to
the hospital by ambulance after complaining of a lot of pain and then losing
consciousness for a bit.

The hospitals in the area are currently in the middle of a rather large labour
dispute (and there appears to be a fairly strong possibility of a general
strike in the province), but this evening they hauled in a radiologist to
conduct a CT scan.  The diagnosis: she has a ruptured spleen.

I just got off the phone with my parents @ the hospital.... apparently she's
just going into emergency surgery.

David

* Last spring she just finished her undergraduate degree, and was enrolled in
the professional development program in September to enter the teaching
program.  Within a couple of weeks she was bedridden with really severe
arthritis, and ended up spending a number of months in the hospital.  After
being put on an experimental drug, she finally was beginning to walk and a
couple of weeks back she received permission from one of her doctors to head
back to school in September.  On the way home from this appointment, she (and
my mom) ended up in a fairly serious car accident.  The injuries could easily
have been more severe, but she broke a few bones in her face and received a
lot of bruising (my mom ended up a little bit bloodied up but nothing as
serious)... then today happened.