[CS-FSLUG] Firefox 0.9

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 01:47:10 CDT 2004

I did a manual upgrade,

>>  Anyone considering upgrade
>> from 0.8 to 0.9 should be
>> warned to read upgrade procedure (do *not* simply
>> install 0.9 over 0.8)!
>> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=84091
>>
>> I haven't upgraded myself yet, but my son did (the
>> wrong way).

> For me there was noticeable speed improvement
> between versions 0.8 to 0.9 - I
> think you should upgrade it right away :-).
>
> Blessings,
> Jukka

I installed 8 via Rpm, then overwrote the directory
with the contents of 9. That way any RPM dependencies
are solved :P  It is faster, cooler and better
written. Plus I just upgraded to gtk 2.4 Beta. This
happens to coincide with Yahoo!'s new look and a new
release of mplayerplug-in, so it makes everything look
better.

The GNU/Linux world is running full speed these days.
I guess with the addition of Novell and IBM and
several other major companies, M$ may yet have met
it's match.