[CS-FSLUG] Project help

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Sat Jul 31 23:50:26 CDT 2004

Awhile back, Nathan mentioned a fork of the GNOME Project, called
GoneME. I checked it out, and decided to pitch in with my writing
skills. I ran a test writeup on my blog, and got lots of good comments.
Tim wrote an article that responded to the project itself, and I wrote a
response to that. I believe we have yet one more article in the pipe to
post on Ofb.

Lots of folks rejoice at the idea, and there's a handful of coders at
work on patches. There's some discussion of what they do and don't want
to patch or change. Sometimes I even understand it. :-) My only real
interest is the chance to work on a project that will use me. Trying to
give back to the FOSS community, you know.

You don't have to love the ideas they promote to enjoy that sort of
thing. There's lots to do that requires no coding. I'm not trying to
sell the project, but I would like to mention that if want a chance to
help on something new, there's plenty of opportunity. Poor Ali, the
"founder" has been saddled with every admin task there is, and he has no
time for coding. If you take a notion you'd like to volunteer for
something, I'll be glad to pass your name along.

--
Ed Hurst