[CS-FSLUG] Sending E-mail's via Network

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Jul 27 12:31:51 CDT 2004

> Also when I try to retreive mail, I noticed an error: "Transmission failed:
> Could not lock /var/spool/mail/dmcglone"
>
> Whats that mean?

Sounds like a permissions issue on the directory. Check permissions from
the perspective of the process user of the mail server.

That ping issue also looks funny. You should get a reply back from
127.0.0.1 Try this entry instead:
127.0.0.1 Buddy localhost localhost.localdomain

It might help, but I'm not sure with that one. Also try to ping from the
other machine to it with a buddy entry added to /etc/hosts.

JSR/