[CS-FSLUG] Sending E-mail's via Network

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Jul 27 11:12:19 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 11:47, David M. wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 July 2004 11:41 am, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> > Hm... there are a lot of ways. How do you want it to work. First, does
> > buddy have an SMTP server on it? If you don't know, you could portscan
> > with nmap and see if it pops up or just telnet to the smtp port on
> > buddy.
>
> Yeah I have an SMTP server on it. This is what I use for sending my regular
> mail such as this one.

Do you have 2 NICs and only have SMTP on the outside one? Does the SMTP
server know where buddy is? Have you tried localhost instead of buddy?
I'm basically just trying to follow the path all the way through and
figure out where the connection drops off. If you can confirm it into
the SMTP server, you then have to confirm it out. If not, it's lost in
there somewhere and it's time to figure out where the log is for it.

JSR/