[CS-FSLUG] Disk partitioning, difference between logical andprimary partitions?

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Sun Jul 25 18:35:53 CDT 2004

Windows Fdisk is the culprit for why you can only designate one primary
partition.  Windows really does not care if you have one or three primary
partitions; but windows fdisk can only set up one of them.  Other tools
(partition Magic, Linux fdisk, etc) will allow you to set up multiple
primary partitions.  Why that is, I have no idea.

Oh.  And it is physically possible to have multiple bootable partitions.
It seems to cause more problems than anything (Yes, been there, done that.
  Linux fdisk allows you to do nearly anything, even if it is quite
unintelligent.)

	- Tim