[CS-FSLUG] TH The kingdom of Heaven

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Fri Jul 23 07:06:20 CDT 2004

Robert W. wrote:

> What is "the Alexandrian schoold of Pharisaism"?  What kind of beliefs
> did they hold?  I wasn't able to find anything searching the Web.  Or
> more to the point, I wasn't able to find anything I understood  :)

The best source I know of is Edersheim. A copy of his book is on the web
-- _The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah_. Here's the table of
contents page, with links to each chapter:

    http://www.ccel.org/ccel/edersheim/lifetimes.toc.html

Specific reference is Chapter IV, but you probably should read III and V
to get the full effect. Keep in mind this book is pretty old, and the
prose can be challenging at times. I have a copy of the entire thing on
my drive, and refer to it from time to time. They offer a full zip of
the book for download. Site Homepage is:

    http://www.ccel.org/

--
Ed Hurst