[CS-FSLUG] SHELP!!!

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 23 06:52:53 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 12:20:37PM -0700, K. Luckenbaugh wrote:
> The  ";" doesn't work within my xterm (as per the script)
>
> konsole -e   sudo /sbin/ifdown eth0; /sbin/ifup eth0&  it goes down, but
> not up.

I just did some reading in the bash man page last night and think I may
have a solution.  Issue the commands inside of a set of {}.

   konsole -e { sudo /sbin/ifdown eth0 && sudo /sbin/ifup eth0; }

My question for you is, why use an xterm?  Especially since all you're
using it for is to ifdown/ifup...

If my above guess doesn't help I have a few other ideas to try.
However, I'm going to be gone this weekend camping in New Hampshire.

Have a good weekend folks,
Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7