[CS-FSLUG] Why I've NEVER LIKED nor will use Asus!!

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Tue Jul 20 09:22:16 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 09:46:26AM -0400, K Montgomery wrote:
> What motherboard manufacturers would you recommend?  I've been using
> ASUS boards for a while, though mostly for Windows systems to be used by
> others.  My current ASUS board is working fine with Linux, but it's
> certainly worthy of note that a mobo maker is not designing their
> products to standard.
>
> It would help me to be a little more knowledgeable about the
> motherboards out there.

De acuerdo con Fred.  ASUS is not a favorite brand in my book.  Windows
users seem to love ASUS but then again, they tend to love ATI as well.
<shrug>  The boards that I have come to like is the MSI board.  I am
running an MSI KT7266-Pro (I think that is the model anyway) and have
had zero problems with it.  Abit, like Fred said, is also a reliable
motherboard manufacturer.

Small aside, why can't America make this stuff?  It would actually work
well, be designed to run underwater and in space unsheilded from UV rays
and probably only cost $10 more.  (Perhaps some slight exageration on my
part, but I think you get my point.  Why is all tech stuff made in
[China|Taiwan|Malaysia|Japan], besides cheap labor?)

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7