[CS-FSLUG] can't get graphical boot

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Sun Jul 18 18:07:23 CDT 2004

Let me just ask this simple question: How much ram do you have in your computer system? When I installed Red Hat 9 into my $15 533Mhz DVD-ROM W/CD-RW, I was unable to use the graphical installer. I had to use the text installer and activate my swap file for the sake of installation (30GB hard drive, so that wasn't a problem). I will probably have to upgrade my ram soon. If nothing else, it will make some of the software that I do have installed run smoother. I have found that my present memory level is sufficient however for running Damn Small Linux (my backup OS). Any rate, I doubt that I've been of much help, but at least I have been there.