[CS-FSLUG] favicons - works OK/ how-to

R. Thompson ron.t at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 18 01:57:09 CDT 2004

Thanks Frank,

   I have it on my website and working.  If anyone else may be
interested, here is what I did.

	-  I used the logo image file from my website, and opened it in GIMP so
I could make the canvas square and centre the image on the canvas.

	-  then using KIconEdit I opened the above image file and reduced the
size to 32 x 32 bits.  Scaled down that far it needed cleaning up, the
image was editted bit by bit and a dark border added.  This 32 x 32 bit
image was saved under the name of favicon.ico (File type Windows Icon in
KIconEdit).

	- lastly, the favicon.ico file gets uploaded to the public html folder
of my website.  www.petomai.org

   Mozilla, the version I'm using, doesn't seem to support favicon.ico
files, but Konqueror does.

          Ron T.