[CS-FSLUG] Ping Josiah: A service opportunity

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Fri Jul 16 14:01:01 CDT 2004

"Hello, my name is Joe Clueless, a new Linux user. I would like to
network my SuSE box to my wife's XP box. Could you please outline for me
what is necessary to make this happen. Both machines have a NIC,
detected and working. The primary objective is file sharing at this
point. Aside from giving her an account on my machine, what do I need to
do?"

At one point, you mentioned you were familiar with this territory.
Others may also add input, but the objective is to put together a
Clueless User's Guide chapter on LAN. In the end, it will be published
on Ofb.biz, I hope.

--
Ed Hurst