[CS-FSLUG] Federal Marriage Amendment

Leon Brooks xtiansrc at leon.brooks.fdns.net
Wed Jul 14 22:00:22 CDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:41, Fred Miller wrote:
> Even though the U.S. Senate has voted down the Federal Marriage
> Amendment, this is not a defeat, but rather a victory--a great
> victory!

No, it's a defeat. The fact that you can salvage something from it
doesn't automatically make it a victory.

> The CENTER FOR RECLAIMING AMERICA, established by
> Dr. D. James Kennedy, is an outreach of Coral Ridge Ministries to
> inform the American public and motivate Christians to defend and
> implement the biblical principles on which our country was
> founded. The CENTER provides non-partisan, non-denominational
> information, training, and support to all those interested in
> impacting the culture and renewing the vision set forth by our
> Founding Fathers.

This is a huge problem if done by legislation rather than by popular
agreement. Homosexuality is morally wrong, has an immense number of
practical problems, and really does deserve to be condemned - but the
government has no business doing this. At all.

A point which hasn't been addressed by the people so far disagreeing
with this post is that marriage itself is an ecclesiastic institution.
If homosexuals want to go around in pairs (or higher multiples), let
them find a *religious* reason for doing so, or be happy with the term
"civil union" or better still "partnership", which is what it actually
is, with or without the swapping of bodily fluids and regardless of
gender.

I'd be delighted to have Atheism declared a religion by Congress for the
purpose of getting married.

Cheers; Leon

--
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman,
he said unto her,
And Jesus said unto her, "Neither do I condemn thee:
go, and sin no more". -- John 8:10-11, KJV