[CS-FSLUG] Ogg Vorbis for voice?

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Mon Jul 12 09:32:10 CDT 2004

Josiah,

Thanks. I've chosen Ogg because it is a free format and it is well
supported by Windows (via Winamp). This format, that you tell me, is it
compatible with Winamp ?

Thanks,

Eduardo

On Monday 12 July 2004 10:18, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> There is a format created by the oggvorbis folks that is better suited
> to voice and takes up much less room. I remember reading about it on
> their website, but don't recall the name atm. That would basically be
> pre-set to what you are looking for.
>
> JSR/
>
> On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 10:13, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> > Hi listpeople,
> >
> > This is just a quick question. I have to convert a CD audio file of
> > sermon (*.wav) into an OggVorbis file. What are the best settings
for
> > it? The recording was converted from tape and is, at its best, of
> > AM-radio quality.
> >
> > I'm looking for the best combination in quality and size.
> >
> > Thanks and blessings,
> >

> > Eduardo

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
 The Revelations of Devout and Learn'd
 Who rose before us, and as Prophets burn'd,
   Are all but Stories, which, awoke from Sleep
 They told their comrades, and to Sleep return'd.

	-- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam