[CS-FSLUG] Omnipotent You

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Sun Jul 11 15:21:48 CDT 2004

On Saturday 10 July 2004 06:54, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> Here's the oft promised QOTW from David McGlone:
>         If you could be God for about 5 days, what things would you try
>         to change or accomplish with your life in your 5 days? (this
>         excludes trying to save the world, stop hunger, etc etc.
>         Basically you are God with powers to control your own life and
>         destiny and not be able to change history or fix it before it
>         happens).And if you want, give a brief explanation why you chose
>         the accomplishment
>         or change.
>
> That is TOUGH! OK, I'll admit it, from this standpoint, I'd want to use
> part of the time to make my life pleasant -- I won't pretend I wouldn't
> want to. Here's the thing though: being God means having three very
> important qualities. These are:
>      1. Omnipresent
>      2. Omnipotent
>      3. Omniscient
>

> With those in mind, I'd probably use my time much more wisely. Arguably
> since God created time that would mean that if God handed me His powers
> for five days I'd also be able to step outside of time and get more
> done. But, that's aside the point.
>
> So what would I do? Probably cause the clouds to rain properly
> translated copies of the Bible to all of the people of the earth. I'd
> also do some miraculous type signs (maybe the sun wouldn't come up one
> day or the seas would turn to blood one day) to get people's attention.
> Then I'd use a booming voice to tell everyone to read the book that had
> hit them in the head to figure out what was going on. Perhaps I'd even
> provide a few pointers while on the "megaphone."
>
> Of course, that goes back to that omniscient characteristic. If I truly
> had the qualities of God, I would do just what God is doing right now
> because God already knows what is best to do. :-)

I may not understand everything from previous question, but if I had all
necessary power to change something in my life, I would remove everything
that prevents me to live my life according to Gods will. It would fix so many
things that the rest would propably be taken care by itself...;-)

Blessings,
Jukka