[CS-FSLUG] Windows! >:-(

N.Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Jul 6 01:11:03 CDT 2004

I've been trying for the entire day to get a Linux distribution
downloaded but Windows XP for some reason won't give me even 5 minutes
of stability, Its setting records! A few minutes ago it started up
locked up, seriously as soon as it got to the login screen it was locked
up solid. I'm trying to download any distribution now that I can use,
ideally that would be Conectiva 10 which was just released a few hours
ago, windows however hasn't allowed me to get as far as starting the
download yet though and I cannot use Linux because the current
distribution I have installed is a dysfunctional Ark release with a very
fast clock, that means that I cannot type anything in it because all the
timers are going to be off, so pressing a key as fast as I can still
gets me two or more of the same characters no matter how careful I am.

Tomorrow the very first thing I'm going to do is reformat that Windows
partition, shrink it down to 5 GB, make a completely clean installation
and only use it for games from that point on, and thats *IF* I decide to
keep the blasted non-Operating System.

Just as a friendly warning, wherever you may be in the world I advise
you to duck because I'm about one more crash away from trying to send my
monitor into orbit.