[CS-FSLUG] Looking for tips

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Fri Jul 2 12:43:13 CDT 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 01:06 pm, Aaron Patrick Lehmann wrote:
> Couldn't you just use php or perl to create the tables?  That way, you
> could use a conditional to create a different page if there wasn't any
> data.

I still have to use html to create the tables, PHP can't create tables as far
as I know, but I can use PHP to control the tables.

I will probably make a table into a class and then have several different
tables as child classes which will make up the page with the parent class
acting sort of like a container.

So far, im  not sure yet how all this will turn out, but I do have an idea of
how I want it and i'll work towards that goal until I achieve it.

> On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:21:56AM -0400, David M. wrote:
> > I hope theres some people on this list that will understand what im
> > trying to ask, because I hardly know where to begin.
> >
> > What I am trying to learn here is how to create a table or a series of
> > tables that only appear on the page when there is content in the
> > database. If there is no content in the database the table automatically
> > dissapears.
> >
> > I don't know if this technique is a combination of CSS and HTML or DHTML
> > or java.
> >
> > Anyone know anything about this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --