[CS-FSLUG] Howto convert wordperfect documents to some other format?

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Tue Aug 24 10:11:01 CDT 2004

Jukka Y wrote:
> Does anyone know how to convert old wp-documents to a format that can be
> edited further in common linux word-processors (OpenOffice/Koffice/Abiword)?
> Is there commandline tools (or some free versions of Wordperfect) for that?

If the patch is too rough for you, you can open them in AbiWord, but
lose lots of formatting. For me, it was worth it to install my old boxed
set of WP for Linux on an older box owned by the church. It's supposed
to run okay on SuSE 9.x, but expect some difficulties. If you click on
some functions, the app disappears from the screen.

--
Ed Hurst