[CS-FSLUG] Extranet solution

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Mon Aug 23 08:14:03 CDT 2004

On Monday 23 August 2004 04:46 am, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> Welcome to your lynx indoctrination. Please find a seat. Class will
> start in ...
>
> If that made such a difference, then I'd suggest don't use such huge
> graphics. That's the only real change. I actually made this same
> recommendation to the alumni newsletter here. They had a 3Mb newsletter!
> They were using full resolution jpeg files that were the same as they
> send for published documents. Remind them that this will save them money
> in bandwidth, beyond just saving you time (which also saves them money
> if you are on hourly pay).
>
> Firefox has the ability to load without graphics I'd imagine. Opera may
> also be a good fit. I'm not sure about text-based specifically though.
>
> Basically, what I'm saying is that their website needs to change, not
> the browser,

I agree 100%. So far the Contractor has turned a deaf ear on the
sub-contractors complaints, and here I am in the middle of them trying to
figure out the best solution for the sub-contractors until hopefully the
Contractor finally realizes this is a mess. I am not in a position to say
anything to the Contractor, because the Sub-Contractors are already
complaining, and I don't want to mess up my relationship with them.

I do voice my opinion to the Sub-Contractors and try to work out a solution
for them until they can get the Contractor to do something about it.

And thats what i've been doing so far.

David M.