[CS-FSLUG] TD: CS-BibleStudy: Hosea Chapter 1

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Wed Aug 18 12:35:23 CDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:14:23 -0500
Ed Hurst <softedges at tconline.net> wrote:

> Nigel Ridley wrote:
>
> > Hi Ed,
> >
> > And I thought we didn't see eye to eye on things (much). I agree
> > that the Law of Moses was a temporary, just for the Israelites until
> > Messiah came and fulfilled the Law.
> >
> > I think the area that we disagree on is the everlasting covenants
> > that God made with the Jewish people -- one being the promise of the
> > land.
>
> Don't overestimate the few things we disagree on simply because it is
> they which arise in our discussions. I hold that promise was fulfilled
>
> under David/Solomon.

You don't have to reply if you don't want to but what about the verses
in Luke chapter 1:

31 "Behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bring forth a son, and
will call his name 'Jesus.' 32 He will be great, and will be called the
Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his
father, David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever.
There will be no end to his kingdom."

Doesn't this, together with:

6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked him, "Lord, are you
now restoring the kingdom to Israel?
7 He said to them, "It isn't for you to know times or seasons which the
Father has set within His own authority."
Acts 1:6-7

mean that the Israelite kingdom is yet to have it's fulfillment?

> > Anyway, how did your flamesuit fare?
>
> Just fine. As you know, I don't debate. I willingly state and explain
> my understanding of things, but won't bother to defend them.
>
> > Blessings (I mean it),
>
> Likewise.
>
> --
> Ed Hurst
> -----------
> Software Freedom Day - 28 August 2004
> Got freedom?
> http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/
> ---

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com