[CS-FSLUG] OfB.biz: The MySQL License Question

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Sat Aug 14 11:06:16 CDT 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 22:15, Timothy R.Butler wrote:
> MySQL AB's namesake database is a package that many would list among
> the crown jewels of Free Software. The Swedish company's database has
> been deployed over five million times by the company's own count. Yet,
> some, quite legitimately wondered if certain wording on the MySQL site
> might indicate the company is backing away from Free Software, and,
> more specifically, the GNU General Public License. OfB wanted to know
> if this was an actual concern or simply a misunderstanding, so Timothy
> R. Butler contacted MySQL AB to find out more information.
>
> 	http://www.ofb.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=325

There is something in the link that Konqueror cannot handle. Konqueror opens
the right address, but at the same pops up an dialog asking if I want to
open/save a document called "RETURN-CODE"? I saved and opened it in editor
but the document was empty. I opened link also in Mozilla, Firefox, Galeon
and Opera, but only Konquror seems be aware of this "extra" document. Do you
have any idea what it is and why/where it comes from?

Konquerors dialog looked like this:
http://www.ylonen.info/message.png (15,2 kb)

Blessings,
Jukka