[CS-FSLUG] PD: Gay marriage

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Sat Aug 14 10:28:14 CDT 2004

I have thought about this issue of "gay marriage" and I certain probably ramifications that I do not like. I will attempt to list them here with the line of reasoning by which I arrived at them.

1) Legalization of "gay marriage" will form the basis for the removal of the taboo against incest.

My rational here is that there will likely be those homosexual couples that are ALSO siblings (cousins, and aunt/uncle relationships are also likely) who will want to be married. To allow incestuous homosexuals the "right" to marry will lead to a demand that incestuous heterosexuals be allowed to marry.

2) Legalization of incestuous marriage will lead to legalized marriage between parent and child.

My rational here is that if siblings or a man/woman and his/her aunt/uncle are allowed to marry, who can say that it is wrong for a parent to marry his/her child. What's worse here is that a parent can already allow thier underage child to legally marry, so if a parent is allowed to legally marry thier own child, they can marry that child at, quite literally, any age.

I think I will stop here, these two probably ramifications that sicken me enough already, yet I can see how these can be carried further, much to demoralization of our society. Indeed, I fear that "gay marriage" will lead to the overturning of many of laws that we have in our country that are meant to protect family.

In Christ,

Christopher.