[CS-FSLUG] Subject: 21 Steps to Becoming a Liberal

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Fri Aug 13 08:07:20 CDT 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 07:52 am, Jerry VanBrimmer wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 01:07:03AM -0500, Aaron Patrick Lehmann wrote:
> > > What about Michael Jackson? Do you agree he is a public figure? IF he
> > > is guilty (I am not saying he is, I'm just saying suppose he is), would
> > > you say he should be let go free, because his child molestation was
> > > done off the stage????
> >
> > Not the same situation as Clinton.  Clinton, as I understand it, did
> > nothing illegal with Lewinski
>
> This I will agree to, I was simply trying to point out the difficulty of
> separating a person's private life from his public life. Though Clinton's
> act was not necessarily illegal, it was immoral. All of us have a private
> and a public aspect to our lives. Sooner or later, what we do in private,
> will affect our public life. Cannot be separated, period. For instance, you
> do something illegal, privately. Get arrested, tried, found guilty,
> sentenced to prison. You go behind bars, your public life just ended.

Sure your public life ended, but does 100% of the population of America know
about it?

If I went to jail today, would anyone on this list know it?

The way I see it, no matter if your a celebrity, public figure, iron worker,
bum, or whatever else, your personal life isn't the public's business unless
you make it public business. But in the case of "high profile" celebrities,
or someone like the president, the media make it "public business".

I am not saying that what these people do is morally or legally right, but is
it anyones business other than the person(s) involved?

I don't think anyone on this list could say they have never did anything in
their life that they are ashamed of. But is that person going to come forth
and tell this list? I doubt it.

Would it make me less of a Christian if I confessed to trying Marajuana when I
was 15?

Oh nobody heard about that? Ah but everyone heard about Dubya trying what was
it? crack? or cocain? and Clincton from what I understand inhaled.

Oh lets impeach Dubya cuz he tried drugs even though it's none of our business
whether he did or not.

--
David M.