[CS-FSLUG] Grassroots victory was achieved in Missouri on August 3rd!

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Aug 5 23:01:20 CDT 2004

S P E C I A L   M A R R I A G E   A L E R T
From the Desk of
Dr. Gary Cass
Executive Director
Center for Reclaiming America

8/5/2004

Fred,

Grassroots victory was achieved in Missouri on August 3rd!

Here at the Center for Reclaiming America, we want to thank
you for motivating your friends and family to take action in
Tuesday's vote to ban gay-marriage.

+ + Voters say "NO!" to gay-marriage

Because of the amazing efforts of our Missouri team, and others
who helped rally tens of thousands of citizens to stand for
marriage, voters overwhelmingly approved a state constitutional
amendment banning same-sex marriage!

According to the Missouri Secretary of State, the amendment
garnered 70.7% of the vote.

On top of that, reports confirm that a record-breaking
42.8% of registered Missourians voted in this primary
election!

+ +Grassroots Effort Secures Sanctity of Marriage!

Fred, a turnout this impressive is due in large part to
the grassroots efforts of friends like you who refused to be
intimidated by well-funded homosexual-rights organizations.

What has happened in Missouri should serve as a blueprint
for success in other states facing similar attacks on marriage.
Reports indicate that as many as 12 states will vote on similar
amendments this year!

Thank you for your heroic effort in support of marriage. We
appreciate your commitment and your outstanding efforts.

Dr. Gary Cass
Executive Director
http://www.reclaimamerica.org/PAGES/cassbio.asp

P.S. Sadly, this good news is shadowed by reports coming out of
the state of Washington. A Superior Court Judge has taken it
upon himself to rule that same-sex "marriage" is legal in
Washington, and that the state’s Defense of Marriage Act is
"unconstitutional." This mandate is based on the precedent set
by the court ruling that made same-sex "marriage" legal in
Massachusetts. The ruling will not go into effect until the
Washington State Supreme Court reviews the case. These events
create an interesting parallel: hundreds of thousands of
citizens of one state pulled together in a grassroots effort
to defend marriage while one single unelected judge corrupts
marriage with the swipe of his pen.

+ +
More on the Missouri Marriage Amendment:

http://www.reclaimamerica.org/Pages/News/newspage.asp?story=1983

+ +
More on the Washington ruling:

http://www.reclaimamerica.org/Pages/News/newspage.asp?story=1990

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
SPECIAL GIFT FOR YOU
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Receive Dr. Dobson’s latest book, "Marriage Under Fire,"
in appreciation of your gift of $35 or more:

+ +
To Sign our national "Stand For Marriage" petition:

http://www.cfra.info/31/petition.asp?RID=1864622

+ +
Stay on top of the marriage debate with the latest news
and information:

http://www.reclaimamerica.org

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
The CENTER FOR RECLAIMING AMERICA, established by
Dr. D. James Kennedy, is an outreach of Coral Ridge Ministries
to inform the American public and motivate Christians to defend
and implement the biblical principles on which our country was
founded. The CENTER provides non-partisan, non-
denominational information, training, and support to all those
interested in impacting the culture and renewing the vision set
forth by our Founding Fathers.

Questions? cfra at coralridge.org

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."