[CS-FSLUG] Making RPMs (frustrating)

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Thu Aug 5 01:16:26 CDT 2004

I've been trying to learn how to make RPM's for a while but with no luck
whatsoever, I cannot find a tutorial that explains the specfile all I get
told it to run make install. Dilm uses QMake and has an army of files to copy
over most of which are not covered by the resulting makefile, I need to have
those folders put in the proper places or it will not work.

I need some serious help with this, the more tutorials I read the more
confused I get and I'm already frustrated enough to just up and quit, is
there a *real* tutorial out here that does more then just present me with a
specfile as a template or has documentation in Linux really gone down to the
level of leaving people to figure things out for themselves?