[CS-FSLUG] Update on Dilm

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Aug 3 23:09:13 CDT 2004

I'm sure all of you who have seen the Dilm project page know I'm not working alone, the other person who goes by the name Maree mainly maintains the web site for Dilm but now that I've found the appropriate DLL's to send her so she can run Dilm in windows she is also helping me with documentation and suggestions as to how the program could be improved.

Some of her suggestions have been implemted in Dilm 3 preview 2, also she suggested that we write documentation and with her help that shouldn't be too difficult. I've already gotten started on the documentation and I've intentionally made it as informative as I could. I wrote a short document on the DLM file format in case developers are interested in making their own programs whether file browsers, forks, ports or reimplementations of the program.

The document was not easy to write, I had to think it through a lot and by the time I was almost done I was almost considering rewriting it from scratch. Now that the document is done I was hoping some fellow list members could read over it and make suggestions, point out mistakes or possibly even rewrite the document if it really needs it.

I'm planning on a public release of Dilm 3 preview 2 soon if all goes well.

BTW. If someone could send me a reminder e-mail tomorrow to publish the July 2004 distribution list to uptime I would appreciate that, don't worry if you think someone has already send me the said e-mail since I'd rather get several reminders then none at all :-) .

Thanks.