[CS-FSLUG] Users & Groups

Jerry Van Brimmer jerryvb at verizon.net
Mon Aug 2 21:45:06 CDT 2004

Question:

After installing my Slackware 10 system and rebooting, I come to the login:
prompt. At this point the only user is root, so I login as root. Then I
create an account for user "jerry". The system tells me that jerry belongs to
the group "users". My question is, is this the preferred group for user
"jerry"? Or, should I create a group called "jerry" and add user "jerry" to
group "jerry"? In other words, is the default group "users" a good practice,
or is it better to create another group? How do all of you guys & gals handle
this?

Thanks,
jerry
--