[CS-FSLUG] I need help installing OO

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Sun Aug 1 20:54:06 CDT 2004

Jerry: I'll try to be brief since I'm on dialup.

install is a simple shell script for automated installs.
setup is the usual installer.

Tips for easy installation:
The best way to install an OO.o system on Slackware is to do a "network"
install. This makes OO.o available to all users on the system.

As root, in the OO.o untarred install directory, type:

# setup -net

And this will install the usual network installer, all interactive. When
prompted for an install directory, choose simply /opt/openoffice/ or
something similar.

Then log in as your user (jerry). As your user, in a terminal window,
type:

$ /opt/openoffice/setup (assuming that's your installation dir)

And this will launch the user-specific interactive installer. And that's
all!

Blessings,

Eduardo

On Sunday 01 August 2004 21:08, Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:
> I am trying to install OO 1.1.0 on my fresh Slackware 10.0 syatem.
>
> I have the linux install untarred here:
>
> file:/home/jerry/downloads/OO1.1.0/OOo_1.1.0_LinuxIntel_install
>
> The setup files have these permissions:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 jerry jerry    3601 2003-09-22 07:38 install*
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 jerry jerry   85596 2003-09-22 07:38 setup*
>
> (What does the "*" mean at the end of the file name? That's how it
shows up in
> a terminal.)
>
> When I try to run setup, I get:

jerry at lightstar:~/downloads/OO1.1.0/OOo_1.1.0_LinuxIntel_install$ ./setup
> -bash: ./setup: Permission denied
>

> In kuser, it shows that my login shell is /bin/bash.
>
> I installed this very same installer on Slackware 9.1,  but can't get
it to go
> on slack 10. Any ideas, comments, suggestions???
>

> Thanks,
> jerry

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America