[CS-FSLUG] Processor

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Fri Apr 30 10:34:57 CDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:32:06 -0400
"David M." <dave at edificationweb.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone here tell me how I can test a processor in a computer to
> see if it's good or bad?
>
> I have a computer here that will not boot and I get a black screen
> with "no signal found" and the lights on the keyboard flash
> simultaneously when the computer is turned on.
>
> I have a suspicion that the BIOS chip is bad but I don't want to buy a
> BIOS chip and either the motherboard or the processor being the
> problem, because motherboards come with BIOS chips.
>
> Also if it's the BIOS chip, getting a new motherboard would probably
> be the best solution, but I want to make sure the processor isn't bad.
>
> David M.

'Bad Signal' is usually a video card problem -- check the connections,
take the card out and re-seat it. If it still doesn't work try another
one -- even an old vga.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com