[CS-FSLUG] Processor

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Fri Apr 30 08:32:06 CDT 2004

Hi all,

Could anyone here tell me how I can test a processor in a computer to see if
it's good or bad?

I have a computer here that will not boot and I get a black screen with "no
signal found" and the lights on the keyboard flash simultaneously when the
computer is turned on.

I have a suspicion that the BIOS chip is bad but I don't want to buy a BIOS
chip and either the motherboard or the processor being the problem, because
motherboards come with BIOS chips.

Also if it's the BIOS chip, getting a new motherboard would probably be the
best solution, but I want to make sure the processor isn't bad.

David M.