Distro flamewar (was: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Linux success story)

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Tue Apr 20 14:45:14 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 22:07, N. Thompson wrote:
> @ndrew wrote:
> >>linux allows this to happen without disturbing a
> >>user sitting the machine, so we used a desktop
> >>Linux PC at a site with fast internet connection.
> >
> >It's always good to see Linux being applied to solve problems, rather than
> >start "my OS is better than your OS" arguments. ;-)
>
> Which reminds me, when was the last time we had a good distro flamewar?
> Right now I don't know what distro to vote for, I'll have to decide
> after I find a distro I like but I'm about to try slackware so hopefully
> there won't be a long wait :-)
>
> Anyway just to get things started, Mandrake's no good any more ;-)

Hi !

I have a Windows 98 SE. It is free (it came with the computer) and I guess it
is "opensource" too (I can open it every time I turn the power on...). It has
all software I need and it has worked well for over 5 years now. I would
recommend it to anyone.

btw - what is "flame-war"? - can download it somewhere?

Blessings,
Jukka