Distro flamewar (was: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Linux success story)

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Apr 20 14:07:59 CDT 2004

@ndrew wrote:

>>linux allows this to happen without disturbing a
>>user sitting the machine, so we used a desktop
>>Linux PC at a site with fast internet connection.
>>

>It's always good to see Linux being applied to solve problems, rather than
>start "my OS is better than your OS" arguments. ;-)

Which reminds me, when was the last time we had a good distro flamewar?
Right now I don't know what distro to vote for, I'll have to decide
after I find a distro I like but I'm about to try slackware so hopefully
there won't be a long wait :-)

Anyway just to get things started, Mandrake's no good any more ;-)