[CS-FSLUG] Email to Jabber/IM ?

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Mon Apr 19 20:32:03 CDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 03:12:37PM -0400, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> Do you know if there is any way to send email to a messaging service,
> such as ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, or jabber?

Unfortunately I do not think this is possible.  Especially because all
of these services tend to like to keep their messaging protocols
proprietary.  I know that AIM for instance doesn't have a "message while
not logged in" ability thus email is definitely out of the question.
For the other services I can't speak directly because I don't have an
account with them.  But I can say with a fair amount of certainty, as of
yet email to an IM service is a no go.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7