[CS-FSLUG] ISO backups of removable media

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Wed Apr 7 10:43:25 CDT 2004

listmail at rotundus.com scripted ::

>If interested in cutting down on your typing you can drop a few
>options from that command...
>
>mount -o loop /path/to/file.iso /mnt/iso
>
>- ro is redundant information as they file format is read-only

It's my understanding that I could mount it RW and thereby
add/subtract infor from the file. I haven't actually tried it though.

>- "-t 9660" - most versions of mount that I've tried will examine the
>first few sectors and guess the type (it's yet to guess wrongly for
>me).

That's left-over from my RH 5.2 days. :-) They didn't do that back
then. Of course you had to use a boot disk to install linux too. And
we had to walk up hill both ways to get to the FTP server...

JSR/