[OfB Talk] LIST ADMIN Message concerning FOSS-Cafe and OFB-Talk Changes

PO pollion at online.fr
Sun Apr 3 15:28:07 CDT 2005

On Friday 01 April 2005 20:18, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> Dear List Members,
> 	It struck me the other day... how can almost the entirety of all
> computer users be wrong about what OS people should use? Clearly, they
> cannot be. Windows is clearly the best operating system for most jobs,
> and I do not feel I can continue to promote other OSes with a clear
> conscience.
>
> 	FOSS-Cafe and OfB-Talk mailing lists will henceforth be merged
> together as the Windows Oriented Roundtable Messaging Talk list
> (WORM-Talk). These lists will concentrate on helping people move off of
> evil non-conforming OSes.
>
> 	Along side this, I am pleased to announce Closed for Business (CfB),
> which will be the successor to Open for Business. CfB will carry useful
> news for those seeking to migrate to Windows from lesser operating
> systems. Likewise, our ServerForest hosting services will be migrating
> from Red Hat to Windows Server System 2003, which will allow CfB to run
> on top of ASP.net.
>
> 	I'm ordering MSN Broadband this afternoon and will shortly be casting
> out GNU/Linux and Mac OS X in favor of Windows XP SP 2 on my systems.
> To insure that I don't lead anyone else into the heinous temptation to
> run a non-Windows system, I will be personally recycling all of my
> non-Windows hardware and software so that I can rest soundly knowing no
> one else will be lead down the wide path to computer destruction.
>
> 	Again, thank-you for your understanding during this transition.
>
> 	-Tim
After one week's absence I read this message and it made me jump, But it was
too much and the date betrays you It's what we call "poisson d'avril" here in
France and something like "april's fool" fot English speaking people.
As for me I will keep my non evil conforming best loved OS with a clear
conscience as, I am sure, you will do for yourself.
Thanks, Tim, it was a good one.