[OfB Talk] Where Is Everyone

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Sep 23 08:28:59 CDT 2004

On September 23, 2004 01:18 am, Fred Miller wrote:
> On Monday September 20 2004 8:29 am, Derek Broughton wrote:

> > > In a pig's eye....SUSE rules! Now, is that what you wanted? :)
> >
> > Debian/rules.  Just got back to trying my Fedora Core install today.  I
> > can't DO anything with it.  I can't even find an rpm package management
> > program like I have for .debs on Debian (at least 3 of them, some of
> > which even handle rpms)
>
> I've heard quite a few that are unhappy with Fedora. I have no experience
> with it, nor intend to.

So far it's been rather like my first experience with Corel Linux.  Looks
good, better installer than you would get with Debian (Debian's is finally
coming along), it's got X.org which is working better on my laptop than
XFree86 (not sure whether they just got the config better than I did), but I
can't do things I can do with my usual system.  More than anything, I'm just
using it to find the things that work better, so that I can tweak my Debian
install.
--
derek