[OfB Talk] Commentary: Microsoft Invented Personal Computing?

BandiPat penguin0601 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 7 20:33:46 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 07:53 pm, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> Bill Gates claimed last year that Microsoft invented personal
> computing. Guest commentator Chris Olson presents the case against
> that claim in this piece.
>
> ---
> Microsoft Invented Personal Computing?
> by Chris Olson
>      Special to Open for Business
>
> Apple computer has a long and distinguished list of "firsts" in
> personal computing, not to mention the least of which, they invented
> personal computing as we know it today. The others include a long
> line of stuff, including, but not limited to, in personal computer
> "firsts," first with a GUI, first with a mouse, first with a color
> monitor, first with a floppy drive, first with a hard drive, first to
> have a CD-ROM, first to make home movie editing possible, first with
> USB and Firewire, first with 64-bit processor -- the list goes on.
>
>      http://www.macfor.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=300

Not until I read the article and viewed Chris' credentials, did I
understand why the article was so Apple biased and poorly researched.
I guess what Apple people don't make claims too, Windows people do, yet
very seldom are either correct.

Patrick
	Registered Linux User #225206
 On any other day, that might seem strange...