[Foss-cafe] mail filtering setup protocol

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Wed May 19 20:31:20 CDT 2004

In short I didn't mean that filtering should happen in the imap server but
that the imap protocol should have a way for clients to set filter. That
filtering (I mean, filtering and sorting) should happen when the message
arrives, after SMTP, it gets delivered to the right folder, the imap will
serve that folder.
It can be procmail, or maildrop, it doesn't matter, the rules might be written
in any way, what I'm worry about is how the user can write that rules from
inside the mail client... that's what I thought an extension to imap could do
it.
Thanks.

- --
Pupeno: pupeno at pupeno.com - http://www.pupeno.com