[Foss-cafe] Commentary: Microsoft Invented Personal Computing?

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Sat Apr 17 15:39:27 CDT 2004

> > > I don't see that even needs discussion, since it is such obvious and utterly
> > > contemptible rubbish.
> >
> >   Well, the sad thing is a lot of people actually believe the rubbish.
>
> You mean that they do not know that he *bought* dos ????   I thought
> that that was *common* knowledge.

   Go on a street corner and ask John Q. Public who invented personal
computing. Betcha he says Microsoft, closely followed by IBM, only then
trailed by Apple. Certainly the Altair won't get much credit either...

  I'd also say that most people don't realize how many Windows concepts
were stolen from Apple.

   -Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |