[CS-FSLUG] projects?

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Jan 1 06:59:24 CST 2019

So, what open-source projects are being worked on these days?  We
usually have an interesting collection of stuff being worked on by the
people of this group.

I have not been working on anything much in the past few months, but my
primary project for 2018 was something called EduNetworkBuilder
<http://tyounglightsys.ddns.info/EduNetworkBuilder/>. That is a project
for teaching computer networking concepts for when I was working in
Kenya. My Kenya trip for 2019 should be my last one for a few years.  I
am not sure how much I will continue working on EduNetworkBuilder after
this, though I may add IPv6 and a series of puzzles for teaching that.

I did spend two weeks working on Kardia <https://kardia.sf.net>, an
open-source donor-manager / finance tracker for missions.  (the website
for this is woefully out of date).  We have two current deployments of
Kardia, and are looking at adding two more in the next three months.

Our organization has also been fairly heavily involved in Midwife-EMR
<https://github.com/LightSys/midwife-EMR>, an open-source medical info
tracking solution that runs on low-power hardware (primarily used in the
Philippines at the moment).