[CS-FSLUG] Web Dev Workflow

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Sep 6 16:45:06 CDT 2016

This list has been quiet for too long, so I thought I’d wake y’all up. Any web developers on here that want to share their workflow? I’m wondering if I can come up with something better.

Here’s what I do: I have a test account on my server that I directly open and save everything in my text editor’s project to. I then have a bash script that deploys the new code to the different accounts on the server once I’m ready to deploy it. It’s simple, but there are a lot of nifty new editors being released these days, including Sublime Edit, Microsoft’s open source Visual Studio Code, etc., that all look intriguing, but most of them have no project management.

What do you use and how do you manage your coding projects these days? (Especially those that need to get over to a remote server on a regular basis?)

Blessings,
Tim

Timothy Butler
Universal Networks, LLC
tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
www.uninetsolutions.com

"The best theology would need no advocates: it would prove itself." —Karl Barth