[CS-FSLUG] Connecting Kubuntu to a Projector

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Mon May 6 20:58:31 CDT 2013

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the best way to use my Kubuntu
13.04 laptop with a projector?  In some cases the "projector" is really a
42" screen, but we also have regular wall screen projectors.

When I have tried to connect in the past, KDE automagically detects a 2nd
monitor, but getting this to work without goofing up either my laptop or
the projector resolution usually involves more work than it's really
worth.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Thanks!
--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate