[CS-FSLUG] OT: "How the NSA, and your boss, can intercept and break SSL"

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 04:21:36 CDT 2013

One of the sessions I just sat in at the SouthEast Linux Fest this past
weekend involved a guy hijacking our wi-fi connections.  And then he
mentioned the ability to use ssl-strip to intercept SSL connections.  And
he wasn't even talking about the government - just connecting to facebook
from Starbucks can attract unwanted company.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>wrote:

> security. It is good, but SSL communications can be intercepted and broken.
> Here's how."
>

> http://www.zdnet.com/how-the-nsa-and-your-boss-can-intercept-and-break-ssl-7000016573/
>
> a VERY interesting read.....
>
> --
> "Molon labe." MILLIONS of us will be waiting!
> --USA Patriots, 2013

D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate
http://dcparris.net/
<https://www.xing.com/profile/Don_Parris><http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcparris>
GPG Key ID: F5E179BE